Saturday 16 June 2012

Splatter nails!

Hi again! Once again, I got pretty bored of my previous nail design pretty quickly; mainly because of how I smudged the design slightly.


Barry M - Lemon
Nails Inc - Charlotte Street
Barry M - Black
OPI - Call Me Gwen-Ever

I'm actually pleased with how they turned out! It was my first attempt at a splatter design and I found it surprisingly easy! At first I struggled to decide which colours I should use, seeing as I've never been good at figuring out which colours look good together and which don't. But in the end I settled for the above :) 
Also, instead of using a normal top-coat on this, I went for a matte coat instead.


To do this design, I just used a normal drinking straw which I then cut in half. I found using this tutorial very useful. I managed to clean up around my nails as best as I could, even though there had been tape surrounding them to avoid any major clean up. I mainly had to clean up any polish that had flooded my cuticles or had just slipped over the edge of the tape. 

I'll definitely be trying this again soon with different colours!

No comments:

Post a Comment