Friday 8 June 2012

"Call Me Gwen-Ever" and "Luxe and Lush" review.

The other day I ordered these two nail polishes, seeing as I had been wanting them since they had been released. 

"Luxe And Lush" from China Glaze:

I'm really glad I ordered this. It only cost about £5 from Amazon and it only took two days to deliver, too. 

What appealed to me most of all was the fact that it's from The Hunger Games collection by China Glaze, and seeing as I'm a huge fan I made a promise to myself that I was going to order at least one of them. I've also got a thing for glittery or similar looking top coats, and thought this one looked beautiful. 

It's fairly easy to apply to your nails. I'm sure one coat would do for most people, but I did two just in case. A picture will be included in my next post, but I tried this out properly on my coral nail polish, which I think was a very good idea. In my opinion, this polish would look best on almost any colour. 

The only downside is that it is very difficult to remove. I quickly tested it out on one nail yesterday and it proved frustrating to take off. Luckily, this is the only bad thing I have to say about this polish. 

"Call Me Gwen-Ever" from OPI:


I was happy with this one, too. I'm a huge fan of Marvel and excited for the new Spiderman movie, so I was pleased to hear that OPI were releasing a collection dedicated to it. To be honest, I  would have ordered any of the colours seeing as they're all so nice, but lately I've taken a liking to coral colours.



The formula for this was expected. It was almost opaque in one coat, but as usual I had to add a second just to finish it. In the past when I've tried paler coloured OPI's, the formula has been quite transparent or runny, and I was glad to find out that this one wasn't the same. It was also good for the price, as I got it from Amazon for around the same price as the previous China Glaze one, and it arrived just as quickly.




No comments:

Post a Comment